It’s that time of the year when the holidays are fast approaching. Time will fly by now through the end of the year. It will be filled with preparations of all types from planning and shopping to wrapping gifts and maybe even dreaming of an escape. If you’re planning on spending the holidays in Holden Beach, NC, this year you’ll want to secure your holiday vacation rental soon thru Alan Holden Vacations. Be sure to check out the most top 5 most popular holiday events in the area. They only come around once each year!
You’re going to be pleased at the rates we charge now during the off-season. You will save a bundle and we know at this time of year there is way too much money going out and not enough coming in! Take all the money you’ll save on the rental you get from us and treat yourself to a good time this holiday season. Here are 5 of the top holiday events in the area.
1. The Ocean Isle Beach Christmas Parade & Tree Lighting takes place on Friday and Saturday, November 25 and 26, 2016. On Friday, Nov. 25 at 5:00 p.m. the Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony is held at the Causeway, along the mainland side of the bridge, across the street from the Fire Department begins. The holiday parade kicks off at from the Museum of Coastal Carolina parking lot at 1 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 26. Following the parade Santa will make an appearance at the OIB Fire Department from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Come out and enjoy this free community event!
2. Join us on Saturday, November 26th, 2016 for the 13th Annual Ocean Isle Beach Flotilla. This boat parade starts at 5:30 p.m. in front of Inlet View Bar and Grill and proceeds down the Intracoastal Waterway to the commercial canal in front of Sharky’s Restaurant where the judging will take place. The boats will be all “decked out” for Christmas! After the awards a Christmas party with live music will be provided by Sharky’s. There will be items for auction and T- shirts will be available. Boat entries require a $25.00 donation. For more information or to enter a boat, call 910-612-7799 or 910-612-2793 or visit www.OceanIsleBeachFlotilla.com
3. The Holiday Laser Music Show will be held at Ingram Planetarium beginning November 23 at 4 p.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. The laser music show features colorful laser images that are displayed on the domed Sky Theater ceiling and are accompanied by holiday music that include classics such as Sleigh Ride, Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, Winter Wonderland, and Jingle Bell Rock. The holiday laser music show runs through the end of the year and is appropriate for all ages. Free for members. Non-member per-show admission: $8 adults, $6 seniors and students, $4 children (3-4), free for age 2 & under. Ingram Planetarium is located at 7625 High Market Street in Sunset Beach, NC. For more information, call 910-575-0033 or visit www.MuseumPlanetarium.org.
4. Grissettown Longwood Fire & Rescue in Ocean Isle Beach will be hosting their 11th Annual Christmas Train Show from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on December 10 and 11, 2016. Layouts include the smallest “Z” scale toted in a suitcase to larger N, HO, O and G-scale models in over 20 different layouts. Train enthusiasts and kids of all ages will enjoy this fun event. Displays are highlighted with authentic train sounds, adding bells and whistles to an already popular pastime. There will be baked goods, train vendors, a train raffle and Santa Claus!
5. Gather the family for a stroll through the Enchanted Airlie Gardens in Wilmington to enjoy holiday flowers, festive lights, live music, a working model train and more. This festive celebration of the holidays is held Nov. 25-26, Dec. 2-4, 9-11, and 15-22, 2016. New this year, The WOW Factor of Wilmington presents a meet-and-greet with Winter Princesses. Airlie Gardens are located at 300 Airlie Rd, Wilmington, NC and are less than one mile from Wrightsville Beach.
All of us at Alan Holden Vacations would like to wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving holiday season!