It’s that favorite time of the year when the holidays are upon us. This time of the year is filled with preparations of all types from planning and shopping to wrapping gifts and maybe even dreaming of some time away. If you’re planning on treating yourself to a getaway to Holden Beach, NC, you’ll want to secure your holiday vacation rental soon thru Alan Holden Vacations. While you’re at it, be sure to check out the most popular holiday events taking place in the area. They only come around once each year!
You’re going to be pleased with the off-season rates on accommodations this time of the year. You will save a bundle and we know at this time of year you could stand to do that! Take all the money you’ll save on your accommodations and treat yourself to a good time this holiday season. Here are the top holiday events in the area.
1. The Ocean Isle Beach Christmas Parade & Tree Lighting takes place on Saturday, November 25. The holiday parade kicks off at from the Museum of Coastal Carolina parking lot at 2 p.m. Following the parade the Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony will be held at the Causeway, along the mainland side of the bridge, across the street from the Fire Department at 4 p.m. Then Santa will make an appearance at the OIB Fire Department from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Come out and enjoy this free community event!
2. Join us on Saturday, November 25, 2017 for the 14th Annual Ocean Isle Beach Flotilla. This boat parade starts at 5:30 p.m. in front of Inlet View Bar and Grill and proceeds down the Intracoastal Waterway to the commercial canal in front of Sharky’s Restaurant where the judging will take place. The boats will be all “decked out” for Christmas! After the awards a Christmas party with live music will be provided by Sharky’s. There will be items for auction and T- shirts will be available. Boat entries require a $25.00 donation. For more information or to enter a boat, call 910-612-7799 or 910-612-2793 or visit www.OceanIsleBeachFlotilla.com
3. Beginning November 23, Ingram Planetarium will present its Holiday Laser Music Show at 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. This show features colorful laser images displayed on the domed ceiling of the Sky Theater accompanied by holiday music that includes such classics as Sleigh Ride, Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, Winter Wonderland, and Jingle Bell Rock. The holiday laser music show runs through the end of the year and is appropriate for all ages. Admission to laser music shows is free for Planetarium members. Non-member per-show admission is $8 for adults, $6 for seniors and students, $4 for ages 3-4, and free for ages 2 and under. Ingram Planetarium is located at 7625 High Market Street in Sunset Beach, NC. For more information, call 910-575-0033 or visit www.MuseumPlanetarium.org.
4. Grissettown Longwood Fire & Rescue in Ocean Isle Beach will be hosting their 12th Annual Christmas Toy & Train Show on Friday, Dec. 1 from 6-9 p.m.; Sat & Sun, Dec 2-3 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and Sat & Sun, Dec 9-10 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Layouts include the smallest “Z” scale toted in a suitcase to larger N, HO, O and G-scale models in over 20 different layouts. Train enthusiasts and kids of all ages will enjoy this fun event. Displays are highlighted with authentic train sounds, adding bells and whistles to an already popular pastime. There will be baked goods, train vendors, a train raffle and Santa Claus! Free admission. Donations welcome. Location: 758 Longwood Road, Ocean Isle Beach, NC.
5. Gather the family for a stroll through the Enchanted Airlie Gardens in Wilmington to enjoy holiday flowers, festive lights, live music, a working model train and more. This festive celebration of the holidays is held Nov. 24-25, Dec. 1-2, 8-10, and 13-22, 2017. There are two run-times per evening: 5-7 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. The 5-7 p.m. ticket holders may arrive no earlier than 4:45 p.m. & no later than 6 p.m. You must exit by 7 p.m.The 7-9 p.m. ticket holders may arrive no earlier than 6:45 p.m. & no later than 8 p.m. You must exit by 9 p.m.
All of us at Alan Holden Vacations would like to wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving holiday season!