Property Management Services
J. Alan Holden, GRI, CRS, CRB, ABR, RRS, CLHMS, SRS, BIC, is the Broker/Owner of Alan Holden Vacations. His father and grandfather had the first rental properties on Holden Beach during the 1930’s. As a young fellow, Alan cleaned houses and helped his parents with their rental business in the 1950’s and 1960’s.Since 1756, when the Holden family first purchased the island from England for 50 shillings, the Holden’s have been promoting natural coastal development and welcoming new guests to our beautiful paradise by the sea. No one knows Holden Beach better than a Holden! Our family of Realtors and rental agents take pride in offering the largest selection of beach vacation rentals and real estate sales in the area. Alan Holden Vacations (Rentals), RE/MAX at the Beach (Sales) and Sea Castles, Inc. (Construction) combine to provide caring service for our customers.
Alan Holden Vacations’ rental management fees include the following services to all our homeowners:
- Advertising your rental property in our yearly Rental Brochure with direct mailing to over 60,000 customers. We also advertise throughout the year in various newspapers and magazines (such as "Southern Living” and "Our State”) all across the country as well as our state of the art website. We also place and maintain rental signs on our rental properties. We have a live streaming webcam on the top of our building that is visited over between 1,000 and up to sometimes 5,000 in a single day depending on the time of year. You can view it on our website by clicking on the link in on the tool bar at the top of this page. We are also have a FaceBook page that is updated almost daily with photos and videos of the area. We have a large amount of traffic on this page as well.
- We have outstanding internet presence. Our entire rental inventory can be viewed here on our website along with detailed descriptions, virtual tours and high quality photographs along with aerial photography to where you beach home is located on the island. Your potential renters can search for availability, get a rate quote, and book online from the privacy of their own home day or night. This means that our reservation department is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our website also has a private link for owners where they can view current and previous owner statements, view the guest report (with dates booked and names of guests) and reserve dates for themselves in their own units.
- We have a professionally trained in-house Maintenance Staff to respond to the needs of our rental guests and owners. We try to use our in-house staff for service calls, if at all possible, as our fees are less expensive for you than outside contractors. Our Maintenance/Housekeeping Staff is on sight to take care of any repair work needed; from small jobs to major renovations, from weekly exit cleans to major Spring cleans. We individualize each property owner and follow their guidelines while maintaining the high standards set by Alan Holden Vacations.
- Our office also provides an emergency line which responds to after-hour emergency calls from both renters and homeowners.
- Alan Holden Vacations takes responsibility for collecting and disbursing all rental monies from our rental guests. Monthly statements are mailed from our professionally trained Bookkeeping Staff reflecting your rental income expenses, and remittance of the balance. In addition, taxes are collected and paid to local Town and State agencies.
- Each January, owners receive a 1099 Income Statement for tax filing purposes as well as a summary of the rental income and expenses for the previous year.
- Our office remains open 7 days a week during the Spring, Summer and Fall months. We are even open on Sunday's! During the off-season, we are open Monday through Saturday 9am - 5pm.
- We DO NOT add excess charges to service calls, etc. the way some other companies do.
- Our staff is involved in the local, county, state and national level with regards to professional training, regulations and industry leadership. Membership in the Vacation Rental Managers Association, the North Carolina Vacation Rental Managers Association, National Home Builders Association, South Brunswick Home Builders Association, National Association of Realtors, Brunswick County Association of Realtors helps keep the staff knowledgeable.
- The company is large enough to provide all services needed; but small enough to give individual attention to each and every owner.
- This is the seventh decade of the Holden family providing vacations at Holden Beach, NC.
- Lastly, but most importantly, our well-trained and friendly Reservation Staff help the rental guests select the property that best fits their needs to provide them with their dream vacations. They are also available to answer owner’s questions about their rental unit. Our professional and friendly rental management staff looks forward to working with you.
Please feel free to call or come by our office so we can personally discuss how to best utilize your property to provide you with a profitable rental income.
If you would like to receive additional information on our Property Management Services, please call us at (800)720-2200.
If you prefer, you can send an e-mail to the rental department at Alan Holden Vacations.
Thank you for considering Alan Holden Vacations to be your future rental agent.